Reyes Tacandong & Co. (“RT&Co”, “the Firm” “We”, “us”, “our”), is a leading professional services firm in the Philippines that provides a wide range of financial services in digital transformation, due diligence, tax, advisory, and audit.
We value your fundamental right to privacy, and we commit to protect your personal data in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“Act”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations (“IRR”), and other relevant issuances of the National Privacy Commission (or “the Commission”).
This privacy statement covers the Personal Data that is obtained and voluntarily provided to us through this website, https://www.reyestacandong.com/, and the standards We observe in processing your personal data.
Personal Information Collected and Purpose of Collection
When you contact us, the following personal data will be collected in order to identify you and respond to your concerns/inquiries:
- Email Address
- Role/Job Title
When you apply for an internship or job with us through the “Careers” page, the following personal data will be collected to verify your identity and assess your suitability for an internship or job:
- Mobile Number
- Other information disclosed in the Curriculum Vitae
When you request for proposal or quotation of our services, the following personal data will be collected to understand your business requirements and provide insightful solutions:
- Email Address
- Role/Job Title
- Other information disclosed through various attachments
Disclosure, Retention, and Proposal
Except as required by the law, We will not disclose your personal data for any purpose for which you have not given us your consent or later withdraw your consent.
RT&Co. retains the personal data it collects only for the period allowed under the Firm’s retention and disposal policy and applicable laws and regulations, including the Act, its IRR, and relevant issuances of the Commission.
The Firm will retain your personal data for up to five (5) years from the submission of your personal data through our website unless a longer period is allowed or required by law or a legal obligation. Provided, however, that if you are hired by the Firm, your personal data will be kept as part of employee records, in accordance with the Firm’s policy.
You may also opt to request the immediate deletion of your information in our database and other storage facilities.
We are implementing reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures for the protection of personal data obtained.
The security measures are intended to protect personal data against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, or disclosure, as well as any other unlawful processing, with the objective of maintaining the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of personal data.
Know Your Rights
As our data subjects, you are provided with the following rights, which can also be viewed and further
explained in this link https://www.privacy.gov.ph/know-your-rights/:
- Be informed. You have the right to be notified and furnished with information before your personal information enters our processing system.
- Object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information and/or withdraw your consent in case of changes in the information previously provided. Your personal information shall no longer be processed with the exceptions enumerated under the law.
- Access. You have the right to access or demand access to view of practically everything that will happen to your personal information, which includes but are not limited to the description of the personal information, purpose, collection process, use, distribution, disclosure, storage, disposal, and destruction.
- Rectify. You have the right to dispute, under reasonable circumstances, the inaccuracies or errors in your personal information and have it corrected immediately and accordingly.
- Erase or block. You have the right to suspend or withdraw, order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from our filing system upon discovery and substantial proof of the conditions enumerated under the law.
- Be indemnified. You have the right to receive compensation for any damages you have sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal information.
- Data Portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of electronically processed personal information in an electronic or structured format commonly used. This right highlights the concept of you, being the subject to which these data pertain to, have control over your personal information.
How to Exercise Your Rights
One of our main objectives is to provide you with a convenient way to access your personal data and exercise your rights under the Act. If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may send an email to our Data Protection Officer. Note, however, that changes and deletion of your personal information from our records shall only be done if within justifiable means and cause. To protect information from malicious or accidental destruction, residual copies from active servers and records found in backup system may not be immediately deleted.
Updates & Revisions
Any updates or revisions to our policies relating to privacy and security of your personal information will be published on this notice and any major changes or improvements on our policy will be separately communicated and highlighted but, nevertheless, shall still be included on this statement.
For any inquiry, objection, complaints, revocation of consent, changes in your personal information, or other concerns related to privacy protection and security, please email our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
Published: May 26, 2022